Friday 27 April 2012

The best commute to work - ever!

This is my 'commute' to work - all be it just 2 days a week, Saturdays and Sundays, wow ......
Down the lane, with Beefur's moorings in the background

Over Fron lift bridge



past the winding hole, with the Aqueduct pub in the centre of the pic

Mornin' Alan.... Mornin' Mike.... Mornin' Dave & Jan...

heading towards the aqueduct, and these views.....

towards Trevor Rocks and the panorama, with Telford's drawing office just visibile in the trees
 (now a wonderfully placed private house), with the playing fields below.


Towards Ty Mawr country park

Cefn viaduct in the distance

looking towards Llangollen

down the valley towards Newbridge & Pentre


looking back at Fron

Over the river dee


With the original Pontcysyllte stone bridge river crossing below, the original route of Offa's Dyke
On the aqueduct, looking towards Fron


And so to work...
in the newly extended Information Centre, now operated by Wrexham Council (not BW)


Well, I've done my first weekend, and I'd forgotten how much I love this job - sharing my enthusiasm for the canal and local area to the many tourists passing through - and locals too - well, to anyone who wants to listen to me rambling on about how wonderful this part of the world is! 
Yes, I've missed it.
So if you're passing through Trevor Basin and crossing the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, please call into the Tourist Information Centre and say 'Hello' - I'm there every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must feel great to be back - most certainly a commute with a view (or 20)!