Tuesday 22 October 2013

We're still here !!!

It's been six months since my last blog.  Doesn't time fly?  I didn't intend to stop blogging when we returned to our mooring in Fron after our winter cruising, but so much happened in the first couple of weeks, I didn't know where to start .... so I didn't.  It's so difficult to try and catch up, I ended up not blogging at all.  So to everyone who came up the Llangollen this summer and scolded me for not blogging, also to those who texed - sorry ! and off we go again......!

Couldn't think of a better place to start than the Stourbridge Open Weekend we've just returned from.  It's the first time in 21 years that Dave hasn't attended with a boat.  I've got a contract to work until the end of November, we didn't want to miss it, so the only thing to do was to go to Stourbridge by train & stay B&B.  Not the same at all not having a boat there, but at least we went, and managed to catch up with friends, and re-acquaint ourselves with Dave's favourite beer, Bathams, at the Royal Exchange.
CHEERS !!  nice to be back.


 

Not as many boats as usual, but still a great atmosphere.


 This was the quiet Sunday morning,
 

 

After a failing to find a B&B in Stourbridge, we opted to stay at the Talbot Hotel in the middle of the town, which proved to be rather reasonable - when booking through bookings.com.  This is a picture of our "feature" room, rather grand don't you think!
The hotel itself was crammed full of beautiful antique furniture and original features.  Unfortunately the hotel was in need of a little TLC.  There were magnificent panelled rooms which were just unused, all laid up with no one to see them.  Such a pity.  Mind you, the staircase seemed to be even more wonky after a couple of pints of Bathams for some reason.

 
So, that's me back in the blogging saddle again.  Just hope I can keep it up this time!

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Whey hey, your back, I hope it was my text that prompted you, I'm going to have to re - instate you now, as long as I don't have to look at that butter no more !!! I know how you feel about the catch up, and that's what I'm trying to do, I couldn't just wipe out 4 mths of OUR history, and re-emerge solo, and a fully fledged captain. Take care both, and keep blogging....in the style of brucie and tess xxxx If you don't watch DOI, you'll have no idea what that means, so ignore me. Jacquie x