Tuesday 30 September 2014

Jeanette's 50th Birthday Bash

Happy Birthday to my best friend Jeanette Salisbury-Roberts.  We've been friends since school - almost 40 years.  She took the bull by the horns and had a 50th birthday bash - the first of "our year" to hit the big five-O.  It's my 50th in November.  Unlike Jeanette who has grasped the nettle, I will be running away to Spain!
Fantastic birthday cake - depicting Jeanette & Allen's four dogs

 
School friends together: Me, Jeanette and Mandi

Pete (Mandi's better 'alf), Me & Jeanette

More school pals:  Mandi, Tina & Jenny
(both of whom I hadn't seen for 30 years, but look exactly the same)
 
Fantastic night, thank you Jeanette & Allen, and thanks to "old" friends for making it such a memorable night. (No I'm still not going to have a party of my own though)
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics of the festival - good weather makes such a difference. Sorry my birthday make it a bit awkward for you both but I'm so glad you came to the party. Wouldn't have been the same without you; just knowing you were there if I turned my head was lovely. Your presents are gorgeous & I'll think of you, Dave & your lovely mum every time I use them!
Love you old friend
xxx